A few days ago I was reading through some blogs and I came across one post by SoftlySaturated that really caught my attention. It’s 25 makeup related questions and I really liked it because not only was it fun to read but it really gave me an insight on her relationship with makeup so I wanted to answer it myself. You can check her answers out my clicking her name above. Enjoy!
1. How often do you wear makeup?
I don’t wear makeup as often as I would like. I make an effort to wear makeup for school and I really love doing my makeup over the weekend. I don’t really wear makeup at work because I work at a small factory so I don’t really feel the need to wear makeup there.
2. When did you start using makeup?
I started using makeup when I was about 13 years old. I would watch a friend put on her makeup and I loved how it would look on her and so I started wearing some of my mom’s makeup at that time.
3. Do you remember the first kind of makeup you ever used?
I started out using eyeliner first and the first brand I remember wearing, and loving, was Mary Kay.
4. Do you refuse to leave the house without wearing makeup?
Not really, I don’t feel like I have to put makeup on when running to the store and what not but I prefer to wear makeup when I go out to dinner. It really depends on how I am feeling that day.
5. Or do you find it more liberating to not use cosmetics?
I don’t find it more liberating but I do like that I don’t feel the need to wear makeup everyday. When I was younger I felt the need to wear makeup everyday or I would feel like I wasn’t pretty. I am over that now, so it is liberating that I don’t feel like I have to wear makeup everyday.
6. What’s your favorite brand of makeup ever?
This one is hard but I would have to say Urban Decay. They have so many gorgeous eyeshadows and I love their Naked Palettes!!
7. Where do you buy most of your cosmetics?
I usually buy my makeup at Ulta, I’m like a kid at a candy store when I go to Ulta.
8. How much is too much to spend on makeup?
A lot! It’s my favorite thing in the world so I don’t mind spending the money. There will be times when I spend a lot of money on makeup and then times when I don’t spend anything at all.
9. About how much makeup do you own?
I own a good amount of makeup. I have a lot of lipsticks and eyeshadows but I only own one thing of foundation and concealer at a time. I don’t like to shop around for foundation, I like to find one that I love and stick to that one.
10. Lipstick or lipgloss?
Lipstick! I think it is looks nicer and it doesn’t feel sticky which is what I hate about lipgloss!
11. What’s your favorite color lipstick and/or lipgloss to wear?
I like nude, rosy colors, I think they look the best on me.
12. If you could only use one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Eyebrow pencil! I think my fave looks more complete when my eyebrows are filled in.
13. What’s your favorite eyeshadow color?
I really like a brown shades because you can wear them with anything.
14. Do you wear a lot of makeup during school?
It depends. Sometimes I do a more natural face and other times I feel more artistic so I put more makeup on.
15. Do you ever wear makeup to the gym or beach?
No, at the gym I don’t feel like sweating with makeup on especially because I have read that it is bad for the skin. At the beach I don’t want to be bothered if my makeup is staying on or not so I prefer to go all natural and be care free.
16. When it comes to eyeliner, do you use regular pencil or liquid liner?
I like to use both but I only use liquid when I an doing a winged liner.
17. Have you ever gotten your makeup done professionally?
I would say twice but I didn’t really like it. Both times it was free so I didn’t mind. I am very picky so for things like when I get married I would have to get my makeup done by someone that I really trust.
18. Have you ever wanted to be a makeup artist?
I have a few times and I still think about it at times but for some reason I don’t really go for it.
19. Do you use foundation, concealer, or bronzer? Or all of them?
I like to use all of them.
20. Be honest, do you always wash your makeup off before bed?
I honestly take my makeup off before I go to bed. It’s a habit that I have created over the years because when I was younger I would sleep with it on and now I can’t sleep if I know I haven’t taken my makeup off.
21. What’s one makeup trend you would love yo try?
This is probably not as popular now but I always liked to see people make cute designs with their eyeliner. I probably wouldn’t wear on the daily but it would be fun to try.
22. What’s one makeup trend you just don’t get?
I really don’t get the fascination with lining your lips over your natural lip line. I guess for people with thinner lips they feel the need to but I’d rather keep it to my natural lip line.
23. Which celebrity do you think always has awesome makeup?
I always like how Emma Stone’s makeup looks. She can rock a lot of makeup looks.
24. Do you think you’re good at applying makeup?
I would like to say that I am pretty good but I am still learning and I don’t think I will ever stop learning because one small change to the way you apply makeup can change everything.
25. Do you ever watch makeup tutorial videos on YouTube?
YES!!! It’s actually how I got obsessed with makeup. I already loved makeup but watching makeup tutorial helped me step up my game so much!!
That is my makeup story in 25 questions. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed answering it.
Feel free to answer this little questioner as well. Thanks again to SoftlySaturated!